PhD In African Philanthropy
The WBS PhD programme is the largest in South Africa and one of the most highly regarded on the continent. We seek out and bring together top candidates from across Africa to address important topics in their PhD research that are relevant to the advancement of business and society on our continent.
As a student of our PhD programme, you will gain real cultural and social insights from our commercial and political debates, you will sharpen your ability to articulate, grow in confidence and realise the vastness of the knowledge domains you can master by developing your learning and research skills.
The following are the entry requirements for this programme
- A Bachelor’s degree with Honours – upper 2nd class or better OR a Bachelor’s degree plus a postgraduate Diploma
- A master’s degree with an average of “B” or better Report and 70% or more for MBA research report.
- An outline of your proposed research.
- Availability of a suitable supervisor
- Motivation letter
- A 12-pager proposal
- Certified academic transcripts/records – Undergraduate, Honours and Masters Degree
- Certified academic certificates – Undergraduate, Honours and Masters Degree
1 – 2 years
01 January 2022
124 350.00 ZAR
15 000.00 ZAR (offset from course fee)
You will be redirected to the University of the Witwatersrand online applications page.