As the world develops and grows, we have witnessed a growing awareness in African Philanthropy from industry, civil society, and academic institutions. To cater to this changing world, the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI), located at the Wits Business School in Johannesburg, South Africa has introduced a place to study philanthropy on the continent.
On Tuesday, 7 September, CAPSI hosted an Online Information Session where they introduced their offering of academic and professional programs. Watch Video:
Programs include masterclasses through open enrolment or tailor-made offerings of the same to the needs of the client. Some of the masterclasses are:
- Liquid Leadership
- Finance for Social Enterprise and NGOs
- Izimiso Nezisekelo Zokuqongelela Imali
- I-Venture Philanthropy
- Introduction of Community Foundations
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Introduction of African Philanthropy
The other set of professional training programmes are certificates. These are:
- Introduction to Philanthropy Certificate (Fedha)
- Advanced Certificate in Philanthropy (Dhahabu) and
- Executive Certificate in Philanthropy (Almasi).
The above masterclasses and certificate programs we believe will help you grow as a change maker, community developer, philanthropist, resource mobiliser or social entrepreneur.